Hill’s New Healthy Advantage For Kittens
Each day this week we are examining the parts of the new Hill’s Pet Nutrition‘s new Healthy Advantage line of foods. To see the series from the beginning, click here. Today we look at the Healthy Advantage food for kittens:
- Just as with puppies, kittens face many challenges to their health for which the immune system must respond. In addition, only a healthy immune system can respond produce immunity from vaccinations, which can then confer protection as intended.
- Weight management in the growing kitten, puppy, infant human and every other species cannot be overemphasized. At this age we are laying the foundation for eventual adult weight.
- Bladder health is addressed by not only controlling levels of magnesium and phosphorous, but also by including ingredients that adjust the target pH to the proper, acidified level. The risk of
Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (FLUTD) is greatly reduced.
- Healthy digestion is aided by natural vegetable fiber in all Healthy Advantage foods. This is part of a total formulation that avoids excessive bulk in the stool while still “keeping things moving.”
- Several breeds of cats are predisposed to skin and hair coat problems. Individuals inherit those tendencies from one or both parents. Proper use of omega fatty acids and other ingredients promote healthy skin and a luxurious coat.
Tomorrow: Hill’s Healthy Advantage for adult dogs.