Each day this week we are examining the parts of the new Hill’s Pet Nutrition Healthy Advantage line of foods. To see the series from the beginning, click here. Today we look at the Healthy Advantage food for large-breed puppies:
For large-breed puppies:
- Immunity is a major focus because growing pups of all sizes must be kept healthy. All puppies are challenged with exposure to disease, parasites and the need to respond appropriately to vaccinations. A healthy immune system is a must.
- Weight management is even more important in the large-breed puppy because feeding nutrients that encourage too-rapid growth enhances the likelihood of further expression of “bad genes” that some large-breed youngsters are afflicted with. Healthy Advantage Large Breed Puppy balances those nutrients and energy sources just right.
- As above, mobility health is addressed with particular emphasis on the large-breed puppy’s risk.
- Subtle differences in the larger puppy’s digestive processes call for subtle, but important, food modifications for healthy digestion.
- Healthy skin and coat are addressed similarly to the “regular” puppy formula.
Tomorrow: Hill’s Healthy Advantage for kittens.